Calleigh - 3rd April 2008

charlie84

Reaction score
Well i woke up early on the wednesday morning just browsing away then all of a sudden i felt a gush :shock:
I legged it to the bathroom and realised that it could be my waters breaking as i couldnt stop the water flowing.

Rang the hospital who told me to put on a pad and call back at 11am to see how much more i had lost. They werent convinced my waters had broken.
Well i got up off the loo and it just continued to gush so rang them again and was told to wait at home and come in for an appointment at 7pm that evening. And to ring back if i started to bleed or couldnt take any more pain.

I rang OH at work to tell him and told him to stay there as i hadnt yet had any contractions.
My mum came round to sit with me as she didnt want me on my own :)
By 10am i started to feel period type pains but they were only little niggles. Spent the majority of the time in the bathroom as i lost so much water, couldnt believe how much was coming out :shock:

By about 3pm the contractions were coming quite regularly and were getting quite unbearable so i called OH to come home.
Once home OH and mum decided that they were taking me to hospital.

Got to the hospital at about 6pm, was shown straight to a room. By now the contractions were about 3-4 mins apart. I was examined and only dilated by 2cms :shock:
Given gas and air to use as pain relief to start with :) that took away the edge.

After a while the pain was quite unbearable once again so the midwife offered me pethidine, told her that i was not keen on this as i didnt want to feel sick if it didnt suit me so she gave me an anti sickness jab with it.
I managed through the next few hours sleeping between each contraction and on gas and air.
Then all of a sudden the contractions felt so bad for me to cope so i requested the epidural.
The midwife kept saying to try a little longer without the epidural :x
After about half an hour i requested again so it was arranged for me to have one in about the next ten minutes.
But with the next contractions i felt the urge to push, i was told not to as i wasnt ready but the urge was too great.
Midwife examined me and found that i was infact fully dilated, which meant i had gone from 5cm to 10 cm in under an hour :shock:

The rest is a blur to be honest, all i remember is that it seemed to take forever to push her out and that it was the most incredibly painful thing that i cannot even begin to describe.

Calleigh was born at 12.29am on the 3rd April. Delivered straight onto my chest :D

Had to have a few stitches for some small tears, but then finally wheeled to the ward at 4am to try and get some sleep.

ds_DSC00170.jpg

Congrats on your new arrival, cant wait to see pics.

congrats

What a nice labour story - glad it was over quite quickly for you.

She is beautiful

Congratulations Charlie and welcome baby Calleigh :hug:

Congratulations :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Calleigh was born on my due date :wink:

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members