Hollie Elouise born 09th Novembe 2008

MummyB2B

Reaction score
Well, here goes, i will try and keep it short!!

Saturday 8th Nov 6.15pm was just relaxing on the sofa with OH when i felt a slight pop down below followed by a trickle of water. I shot up and told OH that i thort my waters may have broken so i went up to the toilet to check things out. as soon as i stood up there was what felt like a constant trickle so i knew it was proboly my waters but wasnt sure as ther was no gush just trickle!!

i rung the hospital and they advised me to put on a maternity pad and give it and hour or so and give them a call back.

within the next hour and a half i lost alot more water and got through several maternity pads, still no pains or contractions though.

after an hour and a hlaf i rung the hospital back and spoke to a ''grumpy'' midwife who told me i had to go in so they could assess me but to be prepared as they were very busy and i may be sent home and called back in the morning!!

on the way to the hospital aboout 8:30pm i felt 2 contractions but they weren't painful. arrived at the hospital and was put in a room and waited for about an hour before someone came to see me. babies heart rate was monitored and was racing high so the MW said she couldn't examine until her heartrate had settled down. about 3 hours later 11.30pm ish i was examined for the first time and was 4cm dilated. at this point i could feel the contractions getting stronger so the MW set me up on the gas and air. I got off the bed and on to the birthing ball. over the next 4 hours i sat on the ball with my g&a and the contractions got really painfull.

MW examined me again at 3.30am and i was 8cm, half an hour later i was fully dilated and started pushing, still only having g&a.

At 5;03am Hollie was born, i was pushin for about an hour and was getting very tired but i was so proud that i managed to do as well as i did for my first baby and only had g&a.

Hollie Elouise Born on the 9th november (exactly 2 weeks early) @ 5.03am weighing 6lb 11.5oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back