Announcing - Devon Rory Jones - 6th Jan 2011

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Well I had my son and last baby on the 6th of January 2011 by Planned C- section

Devon Rory Jones , weighing in at 6 pounds 6 ounces and he is just perfect :dance:

BLEEDING BEFORE BIRTH

Following a 3 day stay in hospital at the start of the week for bleeding, they said was a partial placenta abruption. All was well and I returned home for 2 nights and then returned to hospital early on Thursday the 6th Jan for my elective section (because of 3 previous sections!).

ELECTIVE SECTION MORNING

I was given a gown and told to change top half only as it was cold! They told me they were planning for me to go down second of three ladies and we settled down to wait our turn. They then came in a warned I might be moved to last as they were having problems cross matching blood with my antibodies in incase of bleeding. I was disapointed as that meant very little time for my hubby with baby or leaving before I was out of recovery to collect kids from school. At 10.20 they returned and said right then whip the bottom half of your clothes off we will go down now!! Blimey I thought I am still second and it's happening now!

I walked down in dressing gown, Op gown and slippers and climbed on a table in theatre , which looked just like a normal room, and not a sterile theatre that I was used to, much smaller and more freindly.:lol:

I asked that my canula be placed in my forearm and not my hand as I had ,earlier in the week after bleed, so it does not get in the way after section to help me use my hands and the anethatist was great and agreed that was fine. Then I had my spinal put into my back which was fine and this time i didn't even cry! My legs started going numb and so they laid me down and then started putting up a screen to prevent me seeing and messy stuff!

They put in a catherter and gave my Floof the compulsary quick shave! ( I fancied a brown bag over my head at this point - but sadley they were all out of bags!).

At this point i'm normally sick when the spinal takes effect, but not this time:lol:
They partially dropped the screen as they lifted Devon out, I had to stretch to see over tho! As he came out facing the other way , all I could see was massive balls, and told the surgon the same! We waited for the first cry as I couldn't see him, and when it came of course I burst into tears of happiness.

AFTER BIRTH OF BABY DEVON
Once rubbed down and ok, they placed baby on my chest breifly, and the midwife was going to let me have 5 mins of skin to skin if possible as I had stressed how desperately I wanted this, but I then started to feel very sick, so she and the midwfie exchanged a few words as she kept trying to place baby back with me - bless her for trying for me, but I was way to busy throwing up to hold a baby. My Husband who was busy taking photos then got the rare chance to hold Devon straight away and held him wrapped in towels, nappy and hat for the rest of the time while in theatre. Can i say after three kids and him not having that chance before to bond so early at such an emotional moment with Devon (who I had to really push him to agree to TTC as he didn't want any more babies), he is a changed man! Never before have I seen him so loved up with a baby and fully bonded! It has nade such a difference to us now after the birth. He dotes on Devon and can't get enougth of him and has made such a big effort with all the kids now and been far more understanding and supportive with me:dance::dance::dance::dance:

The anethatist gave me some anti sickness stuff and it then made my face and nose itch big time, which she said was a side effect! I couldn't rub my nose off and eyelids enougth!!!:wall2: I started feeling much better.

STERIIZATION

The surgeon double checked that I still wanted to be sterilized , I stressed that yes this was definately something I wanted to do regardless of anything that could happen to Devon after birth etc, and he then removed portions of my fallopian tubes and that was that, my family was complete.

FINISH OFF AND INTO RECOVERY

I was stitched and tidied up, and I got lifted onto to a trolleybed , which the movement made me start to throw up again straight away again. My nose / face that had started recovering then prompty got another shot of anti sickness and started itching all over again:wall2:I felt slightly better in the nick of time to allow them to let me have Devon on the bed with me on the way to recovery.:lol:

A lovely midwife helped me to have my first ever skin to skin in reovery, and while lying on back managed to start breastfeeding within minutes while laying down which was lovely and I felt like a normal mum!

I did spend the rest of the day throwing up, which is unusual for me to keep doing it, so felt really quite rough. they gave me an injection in the leg to stop this, which it did, but I just notticed today (on day 5), that that part of my thigh is actually still quite numb! So will keep an eye on it.

I lost over a litre of blood , so I am now anemic again, but didn't need a blood transfusion:dance:, hence my lily white cheeks in the photos! back on the iron and fortified cereals for me.

DEVON

Devon looks like a little grandad, which is like my second son! He has blonde hair, (the most any of my kids have had!), and has the largest balls, Feet and hands I have ever seen!. They think he has a squint , but should grow out of it by the 6 week check. He sits like a frog most of the time with his legs up, which must be how he sat in my tum, and has permenant hicups, like a little dog barking, which my kids think is hilarious.

Devon has been having UV phototheraphy since birth to try to lower his billrubin levels, (red blood cells being broken down , which his liver won't process, which shows it self as jandice , and the UV lights and constant over feeding will flush out and resolve. This in my case is caused by my blood antibodies, which crossed to him. He very nearly didn't come home on Sunday 9th as they shot up again. I wanted to soley breastfeed this time, (new mum to this), but they made me force feed him formula bottles , and so he was permentally asleep and even had me using fast teats to get milk to run down his throat, and I found this all wrong, against all my wishes, and quite stressful, so did have quite a few emotional moments , especially day 3 when my mlik came in.

I found the stay in hospital really horrible due to the below with Devon and being stuck in a side room rather than a ward with other ladies, all meals were served to you and so really nowhere to go, I climb up the walls without company and chatting!!! I have had far more pain this time than with my other sections, and so recovery has been slower, but they did say the sterilization would add to the pain and bruising, which I do seem to have a lot of still, but it could be my age this time! On day two I got awgul shoulder pain in both shoulders , apparently due to blood under the diaphram, tricking the shoulders to think they were sore!! (strange but a rare side effect according to the surgeon). I didn't know which end of me was more sore, as so day 2 was a bit of a mess.

Happily we are home now and yayyyy still breastfeeding , demand baby led fashion which is strange but great, he has gotten quite sleepy over the last day and is not feeding very much before conking out, so we are keeping an eye on it incase his levels have gone back up, and they had really jumped on the last day of hospital and I think they only let me go, because I burst into tears on the paedtrition lady! The local midwife said she can't do an SBR blood test from his heel at home as the hosp requested as they don't go to my hospital.

My milk came in day 3, and my boobs are massooosive and sore, hope they settle soon! I tried my first breastfeeding (with BF cover) in a coffee shop today (day5) and feeling really proud of myself now!!

I am over the moon to have little Devon, he is just great, my kids are loving him and we feel very happy and complete as a family.

Sorry my birth story is so long, might be useful to other ladies having sections.

Thank you for being so supportive of me over the last year, I couldn't have done it without PF , thanks to Flexi Lexi for being a great text buddy and support while I was in hospital X

Here are some piccys of Devon and my family X

Attachments

• Before Jenni.JPG
    Before Jenni.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 145
  • Section 1.JPG
    Section 1.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 127
  • secton 2 throu arm.JPG
    secton 2 throu arm.JPG
    380.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Section 3.JPG
    Section 3.JPG
    387.1 KB · Views: 129
  • section 4 cuddle.JPG
    section 4 cuddle.JPG
    379.5 KB · Views: 112
More photos

Attachments

• Section 5  weigh in.JPG
    Section 5 weigh in.JPG
    369.9 KB · Views: 80
  • After Section photo in recovery.JPG
    After Section photo in recovery.JPG
    337.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Kids and Devon.JPG
    Kids and Devon.JPG
    309.4 KB · Views: 69
  • kids and devon 2.JPG
    kids and devon 2.JPG
    339.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Me and Devon.JPG
    Me and Devon.JPG
    337.9 KB · Views: 65
More!

Attachments

• Me and Devon 2.JPG
    Me and Devon 2.JPG
    341.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Devon head.JPG
    Devon head.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Devon on my Knees.JPG
    Devon on my Knees.JPG
    390.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Devon naked.JPG
    Devon naked.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 32
  • UV Lights.JPG
    UV Lights.JPG
    292.4 KB · Views: 25
Last ones in his pushchair outfit! (you can't tell I'm loved up can you!)

Attachments

• Devon ready to go out.JPG
    Devon ready to go out.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Devon goes out closeup.JPG
    Devon goes out closeup.JPG
    402.9 KB · Views: 21
Wow!! What a great story!! He's gorgeous jenni!! Well done and congrats x x

wow what an amazing story n beautiful little boy, his balls were massive lol xxxx huge congrats n hopefully will have mine in the next 48 hours how exciting xxx its a miracle isnt it xxxx

Awww he is so cute! I want to give him a big cuddle :)
Congrats JJ mum, great story and fab pics!!!! Enjoy x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awwww Jen I got proper emotional reading that and then choked up and shed a tear at the pic of your 4 gorgeous kids together - just beautiful!

Devon is quite possible the most beautiful newborn I've ever seen! He is stunning.

Well done on the BF - especially in the cafe only a few days after (and a C section at that you mad woman!).

Sending you lots of love xxx

He is so lovely, huge congratulations to your whole family!!

Wow great story JJ! Devon looks gorgeous (those are some massive balls :) ) I thought I had done ok bf in public at 3 weeks but you're doing fantastic. Enjoy your family :)

He is gorgeous Hun, congratulations! your doing greaT with breastfeeding i've only just fed Tegan in public and she's 10 weeks old! xx

Congratulations, he is stunning, loved your story was welling up here :hug:

Last edited:
Oh hun I am so happy for you!!!!! You don't know how excited I am for you!!!! He is beautiful and you have a beautiful family!!!! I hope your well congratulations!!!!! X x x x

Aww Jen congratulations...he is absolutely gorgeous and just makes me want to meet my lil man even more xxxx

Congratulations!!!! Devon is gorgeous and soooo tiny!!!!

congratulations! He's just gorgeous! You're whole family look so proud:):) Well done! (and great work with the bfing!!!!)

how lovely. and well done you for the breastfeeding!! that is such excellent news. congrats, and he really is extremely cute. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back