Private Room

I had a private room but im in Hungary and Thea was born in the private hospital in Telki. Its standard practice to be in for 5 days here to monitor you and baby and get breastfeeding established so having a room to myself was great. Plus it was like a hotel and Richard stayed with us every night too.

I spent most of my labour at a Midwife led unit in a hospital and returned after giving birth (had to be transferred due to jess having her first poo whilst i was in labour ) but we had a private room throughout our stay for free ,which is the norm there. There was a sofa bed in there so hubby stayed overnight with us and we had our own en-suite. It was a home from home really , nurses/ midwifes always knocked before coming in and asked if it was a good time. It was brill! totally loved my experience there. Maybe you could see if there any MLU's available to you in your area.

there is a MLU at watford, (the birth centre), but its attached to the hospital and they still transfer you to the main ward after the birth....

My hospital only has single rooms. I stupidly thought all hospitals were like this...I can't believe that you have to pay!!

I would HATE to share, and like someone else said...euww!! the thought of sharing a toilet :puke:

I'm so happy I went to the hospital I did :cheer:

I'd definatley pay (if I could afford it) for a private room.

I cant imagine being in a private room, i got bored in a ward with 2 others. I definatly wouldnt want a private room, i love the post birth chatter and made loads of new friends from being in the midwife unit. Fair enough you get kept awake with the noise of the other babies, but to be honest i was so high as a kite from having a new baby i wouldnt have slept anyway. I hated it when my visitors went and ended up chatting to the other ladies visitors. We had a right giggle.

I had my own room(s) because firstly I was in the HDU then because I didn't have D with me they didn't want to put me on a ward with other mummies who had their babies with them. I wouldn't have paid to have my own room, but from the sound of things my hospital is pretty good compared to others I've heard of on here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back