baby rolling over in cot

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
We are planning to put Imogen in her cot (it is 140x70cm ish...goes into a bed once baby no longer needs cot) soon to sleep. I am planning to put her in a grobag but now I am worried about her rolling over. She can rolll from her back to her front but not back again. She does this if she is "free" of blankets etc. in the cot (she has a bit of playtime in there during day to familiarise her with the room, at which time I am with her in there so I see her roll over) she gets frustrated that she can't roll back and cries until I put her on her back.

I was wondering about buying one of these.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting

Or for those of you who have little ones who can roll over from back to front but not back again (and I am assuming older babies who can do the same) do you find that your babies just don't roll over in their sleep?

I have a Tommee Tippee sensor mat and I think the alarm may keep going off (panicking me) if she keeps rolling off.
Or should I look at tucking her in with a light blanket over her grobag?
Thanks.

EDIT - update - just seen this too...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Safe-T-Sleep-Sl ... _njs_img_3

:think: :think: :think: hmmm... what do you all think/do with your LO??

Once your baby can roll over you don't really have to worry about them sleeping on their front. Some babies just sleep better that way. I never worried about getting anything to stop Austin rolling over, once he could he just used to find the most comfortable position to sleep himself.

I too worried about this as Maisie started rolling over to sleep on her front at 3 1/2 months. I didn't sleep for about 3 weeks and kept rolling her back over onto her back but she always rolled on her front again.

I think so long as any baby sleeping on their front can move their head from side to side easily then they are fine.

The risk of SIDS is also greatly reduced once a baby can roll over. :D

Amber being lying on her stomach to sleep since was 3/4weeks old. Might think that sounds bad, but since 2weeks old she was able hold her head up when on her stomach, and she would 'not' sleep on her back, i tried so many things.
Im sure if your baby has the head control they will be fine, amber proper lifts her head and turns it other way & shes asleep at same time.

Dylan can also roll onto his front but not really from his front, but he doesn't roll onto his front when sleeping. Sometimes I put him down on his side and if he rolls it will always be onto his back. I wouldn't worry about rolling onto their fronts though, they will just move their head to the side xx

I just posted about this a few days ago :) Finn's now rolling very easily onto his front so I was worried he'd do it in his sleep. The FSID organisation say that if they roll over, gently put them back on their back but don't be too neurotic - don't keep getting up every 5 minutes to check on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back