TRYING!!!

Julia

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just joined! I am a 30yr old teacher and trying to get pregnant (a little disappointed today as my period arrived). Worked out ovulation etc - any other tips?

Hi Julia - welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about AF arriving :( I've got my fingers tightly crossed for you for next month!

Do you chart your temperature and/or use OPKs to pinpoint ovulation? I know masses of women chart to keep an eye on things and, as you'll probably know, it also helps with knowing whether AF is coming, as the temp normally drops a day or two before AF arrives. Saves money on HPTs!

But if you've got it pretty much sussed then hopefully it won't be too much longer before you get your BFP!! How many months have you been trying?

PS - you may have seen there's a thread in the 'Trying to Conceive' forum called 'Hoping for a BFP in February' - if you know when your next AF is due then why not pop your name on there to start the list rolling? Click here if you'd like to do that.

Meanwhile, thanks again for joining and lots of luck for next month!

Warm regards,
Laura

Hello there. I am really new to this and I dont know where to start. I am 19 years old and my partner and I have been together for nearly three years. All of our friends have been together with their partners for about the same time and they are all pregnant or have recently had a baby, but not us. I know I maybe a bit too young to have a baby but I would actually like the chance to "grow up" with my own child.
We have been trying for over a year now but still no luck. I am begining to think that there is no chance for us at all. Are there any ways to maybe increase our chances or monitor my monthly cycle or something? Someone please help?

Hi,

I have only been trying for two months now but I have already got many tips and advice from people. I have recently bought an ovulation kit which predicts when you are about to ovulate, when this occurs apparently you have a much better chance of conceiving (only 4 days in the month). After you have had sex, lay on your back for about 40 minutes with your legs against the wall to give the sperm a better chance of swimming up to the correct place. I have also been told that certain sexual positions when making love also help - "spoons" (when you both lay on your side facing the same direction and your partner enters you from behind). Or man on top also helps. When your partner has ejaculated, make sure he doesn't pull his penis out too soon. SORRY ABOUT THE GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS BUT THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO EXPLAIN!!). It may help if you orgasm after your partner has ejaculated in side you - this apparently "sucks up" the sperm into the correct place...I am also looking for new hints and tips but the best one so far is the ovulation kit. If this doesn't work go and see your doctor. My best friend was trying for 18 months (ther was nothing wrong with her or her partner) she eventually went on holiday to relax and became pregnant....Good luck!!!

Julia x

Sometimes you can become to 'obsessed' in a way and it might not happen. Like you said your friend relaxed on holiday and it happened and it often happens that way. Try not to make sex a baby making thing and that's all. Enjoy it like you usually would, have sex anytime you like not just when you ovulate. Just surprise each other with sex and you'll relax these are all the things me and my fiance did and we concieved on the first month. 2 months is really early to say you have any problems, just relax as much as you can and have fun trying!

Hi, I am ttc in march, and it will be my third, it took me 7 months to get my daughter, 2 months to get my son, i have noticed that if your to excited and energetic about ttc, then your hormones are flying, and your probably a bit stressed from trying for so long or just not getting pregnant when you want to.
To the girl with the tips, I've hurd of those to, and the one that has worked 2 times for me was for me not to orgasim first (thats also a good tip if trying for a girl). (rear entry for a boy), But any how if your body is hyper then it could distract things from getting where it needs to go.
I was on birth control after my daughter for about 8 months or so, and when i got off i got pregnant in 2 months, now before i had my daughter i was on birth control for 1 1/2 and got pregnant in 7 months about.
Every one is different, give it some time you will get pregnant, but don't let it become a chore, but make it a priority!!..
GOOD LUCK!! Rachel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back