Thomas James (T.J.) arrived by elective section 06/09/07

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry its taken so long to get my birth story up.

Most of you may know that I chose an elective section, because basically I didn't want a "natural birth". Luckily I had a supportive consultant as the MW's were just soooo narrow minded about things! But anyway....

Went in on 6th September for 07.30. I was the only one booked in for a section that day, so i knew I was going forst :shock:

I met the theatre staff who were really really nice - the nicest people I had met al through my pregnancy. They were funny, chatty, and really supportive of my section decision.

I had a spinal block so was awake the whole time. What a strange sensation to feel a needle going in your back! Not particularly painful, but very strange.

Then my legs went numb, and the lower half of my body. A screen was put up so I couldnt see, and they set to work. They played my CD, and chatted to me the whole time (I wanted to be by myself so OH and mother had to wait outside!)
At times it was uncomfortable, but didnt hurt at all. They pulled out my baby and he screamed and cried, they cleaned him up then passed him me to hold - i was just looking at him completely dumb struck! What on earth do you say to this little person looking at you? He had a hat on and I remember asking the MW if she could tall me what colour hair he had! (he's a blondie!)

The worst bit was the pulling and pushing of pressure they put on my tummy to get the placenta out. But I was soon sewn up and took through to recovery, where my mom and OH were allowed in to see me and baby Thomas. He was 6lb 14 and born at 10.23 am.

I was taken to the ward where I had paid for a private room and was drugged up on morphine so everythings a bit of a blur. But we were both ok. I can remember crying a lot - although not sure why.

The next day i had to get out of bed and showered in the morning - now that was painful! But i did it, wihtout help from the MW's who I felt were trying to pressure me too much! They were trying to help me up, and I got really angry and said I couldnt do it coz it hurt too much. So she went to get help, and by the time she got back I was up! LOL. I hate pressure!

I was determined to get home and was allowed out on the saturday, so I only spent 2 nights in hospital.

I can't say I'd particularly want to do it again. But I'd still choose a section over natural. But I think TJ will be an only child!

The good thing about sections is they clear out your insides pretty well, so the bleeding only lasted a week - and there wasnt much of it. And my scar is healing well, so on day 9 after my section, I even managed very gentle sex again! :oops: And it was great.

The worst thing after a section - the trapped wind. How painful was that??? I never imagined it could be so bad.

But the very best thing of all? My amazing little boy. My god he is just so beautiful and gorgeous and funny. He keeps me awake half the night, he screams at every nappy change, and he was sick on my favourite tee-shirt. But I am loving every single moment with him!! I never ever thought I would feel like this!

So there you go. My birth story. :D

hello.jpg

thomas3.jpg

Piglet xx

Well done sweetie He is absolutly gorgeous! Glad your section went well! im with you on the only child comment lol :lol:
once was enough xxxxxxxx

He is sooo gorgeous!!!!! congrats, i bet your loving ity all but cant blame you for not wanting todo it again after your rough pregnancy :hug:

congrats hun, hes gorgeous xx

p.s trust u to be having sex after 9 days - u go girl! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back