Swine Flu Jab Side-effects?

nancy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've seen a few threads about the swine flu jabs this afternoon but I didn't want to hi-jack someone elses thread.

My eldest 2 children had their swine flu jabs on Monday and I've had one hell of a week and thought it only right to give you a heads-up.

William is 5 and he had no symptoms at all but my little girl has been really poorly. She was grotty all day tuesday and I ended up awake at 3:30am the following morning with her being sick. Since then she really hasn't been herself. She's got a belly-ache and nappies to make your eyes water - I've never smelled anything like it in 5 years of motherhood. I've been fighting her temperature all week with baby nurofen and hardly any clothes. Bless her, she's normally such a happy girl but she has been wingeing constantly since Monday afternoon, I can't blame her though she's grotty and snotty too.

A friend I'm in touch with on Facebook has had a similar week though her daughter hasn't had a temperature - her 2 had jabs on Tuesday and she was up all night on Wedsnesday with the youngest and she's been poorly ever since.

Everyone needs to make the right decision for their child but I have to admit that I feel really bad for letting her have the jab even though I was worried. My youngest is only 3 and a half months but she won't be having it when she's old enough now Sophie is going through this. :-(

You have just confirmed for me what I think was the right decision to not allow Rosie to have the jab - thanks :hug:

you've just made my mind up for me too. My 9 month old will NOT be getting it. My 7 year old had it and he suffered too xx

Ugh poor babies, I hope your LO is feeling better now Nancy? I still think the Swine Flu thing was blown out of proportion to take the heat off the MPs expenses scandal. You dont hear anything of it now on the news.

She's still quite poorly at the moment. I called NHS Direct this morning but they never diagnose over the phone anyway so they're not going to say "yes it sounds like side-effects from the jab." They just told me to carry on fighting the temp until Monday unless she gets worse.
It was quite difficult to find a list of side effects from the NHS web pages, it seems like they're trying to hide them to me.
Both my parents have had the jab due to health problems and on Monday morning I was having doubts so I called my Dad who put my mind at rest - he's normally right about stuff. I just wish I'd trusted my gut now instead of the government.

a friend of mine's little lad is 2 and he had it last week, he said it knocked him for six, he was throwing up everywhere and stuff. i agree about the MPs expenses, thats what me and the girls dad said straight away when it first came out!! i was going to let katie have it, but tbh i dont see the point now :shrug: hope your LOs better soon :hug:

Just an update for those interested.

Sophie is feeling much better today - she's not 100% but well on the road to recovery. The thing is my SIL called today to say that her LO isn't well now and our local hospital has shut it's doors to visitors due to a D&V bug according to the newspaper. (Sophie hasn't seen Akira since last Tuesday, you would have thought they would have caught it at the same time.) I'm not sure whether it's connected, personally I'm sticking to my decision not to get Ellie done as it all seems a bit fishy but I thought I should update with this as it could be significant.

Im glad that Sophie is feeling better - is that Glos Royal that has the bug?

Thanks Rosie's Mummy....well it's GRH and Cheltenham. x

Glad she's feeling better :hug:

I was just going to say that in the last couple of weeks half the kids I know have been exactly the same with awful sickness etc, and nothing to do with the jab - there are so many bugs like that going round x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back