IVF help

weeemms1

Reaction score
Had my appoinment yesterday at the hospital to get results of blood tests and my DH tests im all clear but my DH has a low sperm count they said the average is 20 million and he has around 17 they said theres still a chance conceiving natural but have referred us to the Infertilty unit in Glasgow for IVF on a 15 month waiting list with 2 free trys.

It's a relief now that i have found out and i know whats happening but now that im reading what happens during IVF im shitting myself especially the
Transvaginal oocyte retrieval part

any advice please

I haven't been through it yet, but anything i read indicates that you'll either be unconscious or so doped up that you'll be lucky if you can remember anything of the proceedure at all.

I've never been in hospital for anything and i've never been sedated at all so i'm more scared of being unconscious than the actual proceedure. I'm going to ask for as little medication as possible :oooo:

If you are shy, they won't see anything more than they would at a smear.

There is a website called fertilityfriends.co.uk and that is a website specifically for people with infertility issues and they might be able to provide more specific support. It's quite good really, the best one i've come across anyway for that kind of thing :)

BTW 20mil sperm isn't the average, it's the minumum required to have a shot at conceiving naturally.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back