THE SUN - ARTICLE ON IVF TODAY

Ive been considering egg sharing if my first IVF attempt doesnt work, but to be perfectly honest I shouldnt have to, its purely for financial reasons. We couldnt afford IVF on our own.

But as I said earlier, as far as we know at the moment we dont have any medical reasons for not getting pregnant, and it could still happen naturally. Its just a matter of time, we dont want to be having a child in our 40's (no offence to anyone who has - its just personal preference)

GGG u admire you for even thinking about egg sharing, its a big thing to be able to do.
Il share my eggs with you girls as i seem to have no probs getting preg :(

We have an appointment next week to discuss egg sharing with local fertility clinic. if we didn't consider this we wouldn't be able to afford IVF and would be looking at a 2-3 year wait before we were considered for IVF on the NHS, despite having a known fertility problem.

I do think the postcose lottery is unfair, and also alot seems to depend on how good your GP is as pushing your referrals on etc.

As far as the comments that success rates are higher abroad you have to be careful how you look at the data as different clinics use different criteria for what they class as a successful treatment..ie. fetal beartbeat at 7 weeks, live births etc. it also depends on what their selection criteria are for which patients they'll treat. even in the UK success rates vary a lot from clinic to clinic.

i didn't realise so many people on here were potential IVF'ers either!!

Hi

We have been told that we will need IVF, with ICSI which will add another 800-1000 to the cost. I think that we are entitled to one free attempt with the NHS. We will probably pay to go privately though as the waiting list is too long, and use the free attempt if we still need it when we reach the top of the list.

I'm not annoyed that we only get one NHS teatment, its better than nothing. Its not life threatening and i think money should be spent on making the best treatments for cancer etc more widely available. The same as i dont think the NHS should pay to treat obesity and smoking/drugs/alcohol related illnesses. I do think that treatment should be equal across the country though, its not fair that some people get 3 attempts and others get none.

We have been told that our chances of conceiving naturally at the moment are around 2%, so i see that free attempt as a lovely gift.

Michelle x

we're also IVF with ICSI!

I agree with you that treatment should be equal across the country.

Also, if the government didn't pay out so much to dole spongers and immigrants over here for a free ride then it would have more money to spend on honest British people.
I don't agree with NHS shouldn't treat people with obesity, does that mean they shouldn't treat people with anorexia and bulemia?? It is still an eating disorder.

Obesity that tends to be in the news is due to poor diet and fast food etc, thats the sort of obesity i'm refering too. Anorexia, bulimia and compulsive eating is completely different. They are mental disorders that need treatment. I dont want to offend anyone, i just wanted too add my point of view to the thread.

Michelle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back