Been to see Dr

Jade89

Reaction score
Water infection is back, I feel like crap :(

Started with the shivvers and aches and feeling sick, it hurts when I wee and it smells like how I can only describe it as baby poo :puke: :oops: :shock: & I can feel it creeping into my left kidney :puke:

Went to see my Dr (forgot to take my wee sample) but she gave me anti biotics anyway and told me I need to take a sample in after ive finished the course to see if it's gone completely.

She just said im more prone to having these infections while i'm pregnant :doh:

I'm :pray: it goes now and doesn't return, at least for a long time. I'm so fed up of feeling like s***! :evil:

Thank you :hug:

TMI but my wee hole is really hurting right now :shock: Just told OH and he doesn't seem interested :lol:

Hi honey. Ugh, that really sucks, and once you've had it it's prone to repeating itself. Try a teaspoon of bicarb dissolved in a glass of water or juice - that always makes me feel better, and I think it's ok to have whilst preggers (googled it and didn't see any red flags).

Warning - it takes like :puke: , so if you're prone to sickness, definitely take it in juice instead of just plain water.

Also, maybe get some pure cranberry juice (not cranberry juice drink) from a health food store and have some of that each day as it will help flush out the bacteria and keep it from attacking, and be sure to drinks LOADS of water (like 3 litres a day) until you're feeling better.

Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Thanx everyone. :hug:

Thank you melissa, i'll try anything to make me feel a bit more normal again...I have asked my Mum to get me some cranberry juice when she goes shopping today. :hug:

I had the mother of all water infections Christmas last year and boy it drags you down! Typically it hit when all the shops were blimming shut, so I was just downing gallons of water but it is the pits!

Hope you feel better soon!

Jade89 said:
Thanx everyone. :hug:

Thank you melissa, i'll try anything to make me feel a bit more normal again...I have asked my Mum to get me some cranberry juice when she goes shopping today. :hug:

Hope you're feeling better, sweetie. Just to warn you, cranberry juice drink can actually make things worse b/c it's chock full of sugar (bacteria feeds on sugar so stay away from anything sugary). Has to be 100% pure cranberry juice. :hug: :hug:

Oh damn...juice drink is all my Mum could find too :wall:

The wee thing seems to be getting better anyhoo, my wee hole no longer hurts as much...It's just my body is aching all over right now and I have no energy. Never had it with water infections before pregnancy but the past two water infections ive had ive also had flu symptoms with :( Only have 8 more antibiotics left now and I have to do a sample to take to the Dr after I have finished the tablets to see if it's gone completely.

:hug: :wave:

The tough thing about this sort of infection is that once you've had it, you're more likely to get it again, and your body can get resistant to the antibiotics. Trimethoprim doesn't work for me anymore and so I have to insist on Cipro every time it happens to me, and even that isn't working as well as it used to, so I've gotten really good at treating it naturally (which seems to work more quickly as well). :hug: :hug: :hug: Get loads of rest, hon!

I had a major problem in this area!!
Instead of cranberry juice you can get cranberry extract tablets in the chemist. My doctor told me to take them to keep the infection away. Touch wood, I haven't had any probs for a while, will be interested to see what happens once baby is out!!

My Mum as bought me the cranberry tablets and it said consult a dr or pharmacist so she called the chemist and the pharmacist told her not to let me take them :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back