What shall I put in my hospital bag for baby?

Ooh yeh, got Vaseline and sudocrem, forgot them, got her bag here but couldn't be bothered getting it up off the floor and unpacking it lol, took me long enough to get everything in! Love my changing bag tho, got it from Tescos for £20 and it's got sooo many pockets! And a wee built in changing mat! It's awesome, fits everything in it's it's own spot and it's comfy to carry, also got a changing bag with our pram so got two at the mo, don't know which one we'll use though, not had chance to look at the silver cross one yet.

Only got about 7 vests and babygros. Will just pack the lot. But on reading this I think I might have been lucky my son's poo and puke weren't a problem. Maybe I should buy a few more just in case. I'm another one who won't use soap on a newborn. I'd say 8 cartons of formula are ok for 1 day, a better idea than the powder anyway.

oh dear Im completely under prepared! I didnt think I need that much stuff to pack!! I was just planning on packing nappies, clothes and a hat and scratch mits!

I was going to post a thread about this, thanks Pos!

I completely underestimated the amount of stuff to take!!! This thread has really helped :)

I have got 4 cartons of the SMA Gold milk formula - 500mls in each carton. Judging by the amounts it says on the carton we should only need to use a max of 1 and a half cartons per day, also says the same in my baby book.

Am i right in thinking that, if bottle feeding, we need to take some bottles aswell? How will we sterilise them when we're in hospital? How many should we take? :eh:
xxx

If breast feeding do we need to take bottles do you think? to express into or whatever so baby can still be fed if im asleep or what not?

I was going to say they are very sensitive skinned when they are born.

When I had alfie he was feeding every hour :( so you just never know :( xx

I completely underestimated the amount of stuff to take!!! This thread has really helped :)

I have got 4 cartons of the SMA Gold milk formula - 500mls in each carton. Judging by the amounts it says on the carton we should only need to use a max of 1 and a half cartons per day, also says the same in my baby book.

Am i right in thinking that, if bottle feeding, we need to take some bottles aswell? How will we sterilise them when we're in hospital? How many should we take? :eh:
xxx

You might need to ask your midwife, some places give you sterilised bottles others will sterilise your bottles for you! I didn't think of asking during my class.

xxx

You might need to ask your midwife, some places give you sterilised bottles others will sterilise your bottles for you! I didn't think of asking during my class.

really good point actually!! didn't think of that! xx

xxx

That's good to know, thanks chick! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back