Dream feed

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Does anyone do this? We give Isla a dream feed every night at 11pm. She'll drink anything between 3 and 5oz. She then normally sleeps through till 6.30-7am (although since we started weaning she has woken up at 4 or 5am a few times wanting to eat).

I'm just wondering when people stop dreamfeeding...?

I'm not keen to stop it as it gives her a little bit extra as her intake is below average.

I dreamfeed Noa when I go to bed but he still wakes up 1-2 times a night. I'm not sure when to stop xx

I used to but stopped when charley was either 2-3 months old. When I stopped I realised it didn't make any difference, he still woke at the same time around 1-2am then sleep till 6/7am. I literally went cold turkey and just stopped giving him the dreamfeed x.

I used to but stopped when charley was either 2-3 months old. When I stopped I realised it didn't make any difference, he still woke at the same time around 1-2am then sleep till 6/7am. I literally went cold turkey and just stopped giving him the dreamfeed x.

I've done the same. Gone cold turkey and stopped night feeds. If it gets to 8/9 hours of sleep and she wakes I'll feed her but generally she puts herself back to sleep. I did wait until she was over 6 months so it's only been 10 days.

She goes anywhere between 8-12 hours straight now

I stopped at 6 months because zac was so bad with all his other bottles and I wanted to keep his weight up, but I didn't start weaning properly until 6 months either x

I tried dream feeding alanna, It never made a difference when she woke up in the morning, so dropped it, didnt make a difference, she just had more during the day to last her.

Thanks for replies.

Well, Isla had 7oz for her dream feed last night so I think I'll keep it up for now! I reckon I'll think again at 6 months, when she's having 3 meals a day and see if we can drop it.

A dreamfeed is where you feed your baby when they are asleep. I never even thought it was possible but zac used to have his bottle so much better when he was asleep x

I stopped last night! Thought id give it a go and she slept even longer so not gonna do it any more. X

I still do it at 8 bloody months lol e hs slept through sine 5 wks so I thought he might of dropped it by now but no, its not really a problem I just give him it in his cot when I go up at 10pm

A dreamfeed is where you feed your baby when they are asleep. I never even thought it was possible but zac used to have his bottle so much better when he was asleep x

wow, I never realised this was what it was?? Im going to have to try this now, just to see if it works!
x

I tried, but she wouldn't wake enough to feed!!

Zac didn't used to wake at all, he would be in a deep sleep and still drink his bottle. I really struggled to feed him in the day, up to 2 hours to take a bottle, but while he was asleep he would have the whole thing in about 10 mins, amazing! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back