Elective C Section question...

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
So my elective has been scheduled for 6th March...GULP! lol

I was wondering...what happens AFTER the section? I had an emergency section with James and it was at midnight so we basically went to bed after we had been in recovery for a bit so I wanted to know what happened after an elective one?

How long after can you have visitors? What about your other children? How soon will James be able to come in and see me and meet his little brother?

Thank you!
:hug:

No answer hun, but just wanted to know if you're ok - was scan ok? Did they tell you today about c-sec? ooh exciting :hug: :hug:

AnnaR2B said:
No answer hun, but just wanted to know if you're ok - was scan ok? Did they tell you today about c-sec? ooh exciting :hug: :hug:

I just wrote o your fb wall!! Updated on my thread in tri 3 too :hug: :hug:

Sorreeeee! Just saw my facebook msg - good stuff, dead happy for you!! You know your son's birthday....before he's born!!!! :hug: :hug:

You can have visitors as soon as you want. My sister had an elective in September at about 11am and her daughter went in to see her at the early visiting and we went at the late one.

My 2nd section was pretty much the same as my first. I went into recovery then the ward. But I bled quite a bit after so was in there for a while. The aftercare was the same.

With my emergency I got a epidural and for the elective I got a spinal. Spinal was easier to go in but only just as I had went into labour but the section wasnt classed as emergency.

My elective date was pretty close to my due date. It was daft of them to do that as there was a chance with him being no2 that we would go a wee bit earlier so thats good your is at 37 weeks. Is it or did I read that about someone else?

lauramumof2 said:
My 2nd section was pretty much the same as my first. I went into recovery then the ward. But I bled quite a bit after so was in there for a while. The aftercare was the same.

With my emergency I got a epidural and for the elective I got a spinal. Spinal was easier to go in but only just as I had went into labour but the section wasnt classed as emergency.

My elective date was pretty close to my due date. It was daft of them to do that as there was a chance with him being no2 that we would go a wee bit earlier so thats good your is at 37 weeks. Is it or did I read that about someone else?

Its at 37 + 5 so almost 38 weeks but it may be brought even closer if my SPD gets any worse or he grows to even more ridiculous proportions! :lol:

So can your other children only visit during visiting times? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question!! lol. Its just that obviously the Dad can stay all day so I thought maybe that may extend to kids? Does it not?

I cant remember. I dont think they could but tbh, with trying to feed and the bits and bobs that go on after the baby is born, oh just brought Jessica up once a day. I didnt want her upset and when she did come up she was running around getting into everything as she does :D

I did miss her, dont get me wrong but I knew it was best for her and she wasnt bothered because everytime she came up to see me she got a wee pressie. I had kept a bag with small presents so she could have one when she came to visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back