clothes for a newborn

pixie17

Reaction score
My little boy is due mid February and I am trying to plan on what clothes to buy for his arrival. I live abroad and although there are some shops nearby I am doing my shopping online from UK stores. I am not wanting to buy loads as I am aware that they grow out of things quickly and do not want loads of clothes sitting there with the tags on. I am also aware that during the first three months of his life it will go from being very cold to spring to the beginning of summer. So far i think i should be purchasing the following;

5 x short sleeve all in ones
3 x long sleeve all in ones
1 x pram suit
1 x booties
7 x sleep suits
7 x socks
3 x joggers/trousers
3 x long sleeve tshirt tops
2 x cardigans/jacket

Do you think this is OTT?

no if you want to buy all that then do hon. we had a lot of baby grows(sleep suits) and he puked up a lot of the time so we changed a lot of clothes in a day, also exploding poo!! We got a lot 2nd hand from friends, charity shops and nct sales. it's amazing what you can pick up , oh and also ebay you can get bundles of stuff. some people like it new though so up to you x

Agree with minchin! Tegan used to be sick/Poo allot so could easily go through about 4 outfits a day! x

my lo went through at least 2 or 3 babygrows a day! sound sgood to me what youve got in your list and just to echo what minchin said about ebay! i love it, had some amazing things from there!!!

i think theyre the same thing!?!? lol

I've had to get a few more vests and baby grows as he always seems to wee on them, went through 4 outfits yesterday!

I think u need Andrew more bits atleast the first few month u tend to go trough a lot

I think you'd do fine with that list to start with, maybe get another packet of sleep suits, as the ladies say they're sick quite alot, i've only got 1 six pack of sleep suits & i'm going to wait and see A) what we get as gifts and B) what sex the baby is before buying anymore.

I think all in ones is like sleepsuits minus the feet! Only difference is you'd need wee socks for the all in ones & tbh i'd only use them during the day!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back